learning life

Lovin the life that brings me home.....

Monday, May 23, 2011

For Heather.

Before I post about camping last weekend,


A recipe.

The kids favorite granola.

We tried making some for Monica,

But Monica wasn't home,

so we ate it.

Then had to make more to share with Monica.

3 cups dry oats (not instant)

1/2 cup (1 stick) butter

1/2 cup honey

1/2 teaspoon salt

1/2 cup ground flax (flax meal)


In a small sauce pan,

melt butter and honey together

Mix remaining ingredients into the butter/honey

Bake 375 for 15 minutes,

Optional: stir occasionally throughout baking process.


For granola shapes:

before granola has cooled,

Form into desired shapes with hands or cookie cutter.


I wanted to wait to post this recipe until I had incorporated peanut butter,

But Heather asked before I could experiment.


Try it and enjoy.

1 comment:

  1. OH YUM! Thank you Holly. I have to admit that the baggie of it that you left at my house was soooo good that I didn't even share it......with anyone.:)"That granola is SERIOUSLY good. I'm making some today!

    ReplyDelete