learning life

Lovin the life that brings me home.....

Monday, June 7, 2010

Silas' birthday celebration Part 1

"Mom, who's stronger, God or Spider man?"





On Fathers Day: "Will there ever be a Son's Day?"




"Under that bridge, is the perfect place for camping!"





The bald eagle cake he chose for his 4Th birthday
This year, he wants a Nacho Libre Birthday.

If you haven't seen the movie, watch it... and then be sorry that you did.
THEN, watch it again, and laugh your hiney off!






The pictures he takes.........

Dudley Dog, the ONE and only stuffed animal a boy needs.

What a boy does with some pretty flowers.
Oh, and then there's John.
John has been around for a year or so.
Only Silas sees John.
At first, it was a little Creepy. At first, he would randomly say "Man, I haven't talked to John for twenty years!"
We would be in the car and he would say: "Lauren! SHHHHHHH!!!!! I am on the phone with John!"

Weird.
I felt like I needed to read a book about it.
Like he had a condition
Today, he tells me that John is a "Tall black man...older than Grandpa".
It just keeps getting better and better.
He once met a real man named John.
Silas: "I have a friend named John!"
All I could think of was "please don't ask, please don't ask.
Real John "Is he nice?"
Silas: " Oh yes. He's the best!"
Whew!
I am happy to say that I am now over the weirdness of John. I love the creativity he has brought out in my boy. Although I don't fully understand where he got this idea, I know its common, and I am actually enjoying the things he makes up about the big old guy that resides in his imagination.
I am going to try to focus this week on the Man Cub. I have so many things to say about the way we celebrated his turning five. I hope you enjoy him as much as I do!
Although I think that's pretty much impossible!

No comments:

Post a Comment