learning life

Lovin the life that brings me home.....

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

not a dish to be found

I am here to tell ya,
I long for the fleeting moments of having a clean and orderly home.
Smelling a candle and reading a book.
kids asleep
drinking tea.
Mercy.
I have been busy doing a whole lot of nothing
In an unorganized fashion,
For a sweet baby girl,
Who'll never know I did it.
A child's first birthday party.
Also an excuse to round up the crew
and stretch the creative rubber bands
Inside my head.
So far I know,
there will be
Goldfish,
and lots of pictures,
and sweet tea.
hoola hoops maybe?
Claire is just about the most precious site
To wake up with
in the wee dark hours of the morning.
She has given me so much happiness,
giddy moments,
She's like those squishy stress balls.
squeeze and be relieved.
More pointedly,
She's worth it all and more.
I may not have things clean when you come Mom.
You may catch a runny nose.
You're sure to get your feet dirty
when you walk around bare foot in my home.
You'll gain a couple pounds
from eating food made with love.
But whats not to love about that?
It all evens out in the end.
Right now, be glad your not here
(Everyone)
Because you could loose a kid or two on these grounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment