learning life

Lovin the life that brings me home.....

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Homemade salad dressing



I have had a few people ask me for this recipe. Some I have given it to, others I have forgotten. Here it is.


1 cup balsamic vinegar
2 clove garlic
1 large clove of shallot (2 small cloves)
1 cup honey (find it raw if you can!)
2 cups oil ( I usually use olive oil)
salt and pepper to taste



Blend first 4 ingredients in a blender until smooth. With blender still on, slowly drizzle olive oil into the mix. Don't let it blend long (it will start to cook and this changes the flavor), just until mixed. Add salt and pepper and let sit in fridge for at least 1/2 hour (letting the flavors blend together).


Cody's tip: Pour the oil very SLOWLY. This will help the oil and vinegar to emulsify for a creamy smooth texture.

No comments:

Post a Comment