learning life

Lovin the life that brings me home.....

Friday, May 7, 2010

The Giving Tree

This week, organic apples were on sale at Fred Meyer. We don't like to toot our "organic-eating" horn, we just buy it when its reasonable.
Anyway....... inside Silas' apple was a sprouted seed! How exctitng is that? So, we did what anyone would have done, and planted it! I researched online and decided to let it sprout some leaves before we planted it outside. It is in a cute little pot above my kitchen sink (So I don't forget to water it ;) This is especially sentnemental to me (if it works), because it is a unique momento of the year we started learning from home. One article I read said that I should have apples in ten years, so plan accordingly!
Once there was a tree....
and she loved a little boy.
And every day the boy would come, and he would gather her leaves
and make them into crowns and play king of the forest
He would climb her trunk
and swing from her branches
and eat apples......
And when he was tired, he would sleep in her shade.
And the boy loved the tree very much and the tree was happy.
-The Giving Tree
(By Shel Silverstein)


No comments:

Post a Comment