learning life

Lovin the life that brings me home.....

Monday, April 5, 2010

Kung Fu Panda Noodles

For Christmas, Jake got me the noodle maker attachment for my Kitchen Aid Mixer. I was stoked! I finally got all of the pictures together to share them.



I like making them because they are a challenge for me. They never turn out the same. Sometimes they are amazing, sometimes I still fail miserably.


Jake usually rolls out the dough.






The kids LOVE catching the noodles!




They ask me if I am making Kung Fu Panda Noodles
Because they love kung fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!





These ones have sun-dried tomato and basil




It is definitely a process that I want to memorize and master so I can whip 'em up when we need them. So far my noodles have turned out more rustic than conventional store bought noodles because they puff up when you boil them. I am working on a more palatable noodle for meals like spaghetti.
I have thought about doing up a recipe for some sourdough noodles. My friend Heather Gave me the recipe for sourdough starter and I have been having fun experimenting with that.



Even if I don't end up making noodles on a regular basis, this something Jake enjoys doing with us and we will do it together on rainy Saturdays with the Peeps.

No comments:

Post a Comment