learning life

Lovin the life that brings me home.....

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Cake for a four year old.

While it has been a couple of weeks,
In some ways, it feels as though a couple of days.
Lauren is four and I still can't get over it.
The real purpose of this post is to show off
Grandma's mad pancake skills.
Lauren wanted it, and I loved the idea.
Plus,
it was cheap!
PLUS,
It doubled as her birthday cake!
PLUS PLUS,
I didn't have to make it!
I do NOT have good pancake pourin' skills.
Ask anybody.
So in between lovin' on my Peeps,
And cleaning my house,
vacuuming out my car,
cleaning my Father In Laws house (making room for my other company),
She made this beauty:
So Lauren,
Do you know how much your Grandma loves you?
Enough to be in the kitchen throughout the whole party,
Building you a masterpiece cake,
busing the tables,
wiping your face,
making your day.
The only good thing that I can claim out of this whole ordeal,
is the pancake recipe.
So, here it is:

Pancakes

2 c. flour
(any will do, I've even fared well with a whole wheat version)
5 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
2 Tbsp. sugar

2 Tbsp. brown sugar
2 Tbsp. honey
1 egg
1 1/2 c. milk or buttermilk
1/3 c. butter
(or bacon grease- my preference)


mix all ingredients.
Heat griddle on medium high heat.
brown on both sides.

All of the different kinds of sweetener add the best flavor and texture. If you have other forms of sweetener, definitely give it a whirl!

2 comments:

  1. Oh gosh...Holly you are the best! That was such a fun day for me. Thank you for letting me be a part of it. Your pictures are fabulous and I miss them so much all over again. XOXOX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holly, what a great picture of Renee and Lauren.....that's the nicest picture Ive ever seen of them,,,,Incredible......

    ReplyDelete