learning life

Lovin the life that brings me home.....

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Success with the first bite.

Last Friday, friend turned thirty six.
Without thinking, I offered to make her a Birthday cake of her choice.
I should have specified
A chocolate, yellow white, or even cheesecake
She chose angel food cake.
I choked.
Never made that one before.
Don't even really like the stuff,
But my pride would not let me tell her that I was scared.
Angel food cake it is.
I searched the Internet for about an hour
reading and re-reading recipe's
And got up the courage to choose one.
Went grocery shopping,
and put the Peeps down for nap,
and got to work.
after a few glitches smoothed over,
I came up with this:
It looked good,
and tasted better.
I thought it was easier to make than a white or yellow cake.
Here's the link.
Let me know if it doesn't work.
I think they're going to use my pic. to display on the site.

The finished product
and my Betty Crocker pose.
For the frosting,
I made whipped cream,
and mixed in chocolate powder (for baking).

The birthday girl.


Slappin' the bass
Rock BandDaddies wrestling.


Seriously,

even if you think you don't like angel food cake,

try this recipe.

You'll be glad you did!

2 comments:

  1. That looks yummie Holly!! I'll have to try that. 12 eggs?? Yikes! That's a lot of eggs. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a GREAT job on that! Love the picture of you with the wink! :)

    ReplyDelete