learning life

Lovin the life that brings me home.....

Monday, May 10, 2010

Mothers Day 2010

This Mothers Day was a great day for me. It was really sweet, I got to call the shots all day long. The kids would say: "can we do______ today? Dad would say "If mom wants to, its Mothers Day."!!!!!! It was so cool!

Anyway, I made breakfast and Jake did the dishes (yes!!!!). Then about 11, we went for my favorite beach hike.



Claire Really wasn't as smooshed as she looks in this pic. (I think)




This day, I was the trailor (Some days Jake wears the backpack for me).


Three coats, a pair of shoes, three water bottles, and a kid (to be exact).
All on a broken backpack.
What a gal right?




Just had to take this one.


Some cool finds..



This is my favorite part about the hike. The keyhole to the ocean creates some pretty massive waves. This tide pool has been great for finding all kinds of treasures.



The girls.



After the hike, we went home and Silas took the Jake to see Iron Man 2 (a belated birthday present). And us girls took naps.


He was right back at it when he got home from the movies..

Usually my job. Not today!
Very thankful to not have to do it after the torrential rains we have been having lately.


But wait, theres more!


My card from Lauren


Gift from Silas.......

The ice cream bowl attachment for my Kitchen Aid!


My new "trailor"

This one will let me hold a Piep without breaking my back! Yahoo!


Really guys, I feel so loved.









6 comments:

  1. Oh, I guess the hood is cranberry. In the old ones, it was tan. You've got the new and improved model! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Holly,

    So glad to learn that they are taking such good care of you! I KNOW it is reciprocated : >).
    Thanks for sharing the adorable photos.

    Love,
    Aunt Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Holly...your mothers day sounds awesome...you are just the best mommy i know so you sure deserve the best! And your gifts!!! Way cool about the ergo! it is my favorite mom tool. I got mine back that i thought I would never see again..i cried to loose it..think I will put a homing device on it now so i NEVER loose it again

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a pleasure to peruse your blog, Holly . . . feel like I should fix myself a cup of tea, just sit and enjoy! Thanks, so much, for sharing . . . always makes me smile (and lol!). Sam, too! : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holly, your beach looks so inviting. Hope we get to share it with you one of these days. Glad to hear you had such a wonderful Mother's Day
    -Grandma Lester

    ReplyDelete
  6. Holly, your beach looks so inviting. Hope we get to share it with you one of these days. Glad to hear you had such a wonderful Mother's Day
    -Grandma Lester

    ReplyDelete